You can barely get yourself into the grove of a good skin care regimen before something new is put in front of you as the next best thing. Micellar water has been inching its way into the flow of beauty products in regimens as the next best ingredient for cleansing your skin.
What the heck is it? Often touted as the all in one cleanser and moisturizer, micellar water is made of micelles, which are tiny molecules suspended in soft water that dissolves dirt, sweat, oil and makeup without stripping your skin of its natural oils. Guess what? Micellar water requires no water in order for it to work. What does that mean? Well … technically, you need no water to rinse it off and best of all, it’s good for most skin types especially dry and sensitive skin.
Here are a few things to know about micellar water:
- It’s a natural and soap free, alcohol free option that’s ideal for sensitive skin types and has actually been deemed safe to use around your eyes.
- Easy to use. Just pour a generous amount onto a cotton swab and gently wipe your face.
- Micellar water won’t leave your skin feeling greasy.
- Helps to naturally clear your skin by removing oil and other impurities that can cause breakouts.
- If your have oily skin, you may feel that it’s not cleansing your skin enough. You can always use a cleanser that will help the oil be gone.
- It will also help you remove most makeup, however, it’s not necessarily designed to remove waterproof mascara or heavily applied makeup.
So, if you’re looking for an all-in-one product to travel with, it can make a good substitute. Just because micellar water is on the top products list for skin care at this time, read your labels carefully. Not all formulas are the same and they’re certainly not all safe for dark skin beauties.
Okay, that’s it for this week. As always …
Dedicated to Your Beauty